DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH is pleased about your interest in our company and products. The protection of your personal data is important to us, and we want you to feel safe while visiting our website.
§ 1 Information concerning the collection of personal data
(1) Information about the collection of personal data from visitors to our website is provided below. Personal data is all data which can be related to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4, Paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH
83301 Traunreut, Germany
Tel.: +49 8669 31-0
(see our legal details at https://www.heidenhain.de/de_EN/company/legal-details/).
You can contact our data protection officer at:
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH
Data Protection Officer
83301 Traunreut, Germany
The rights of the affected data subjects are detailed in “§ 2 Your rights.”
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, the information you provide (your e‑mail address, as well as your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The contact form is an additional service from us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily (legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter f of the GDPR). We delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required, or limit the processing thereof if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offerings or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective transactions. In doing so, we will also let you know the criteria stipulated for the duration of storage.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights against us with respect to the personal data concerning you:
(2) You can only exercise your rights in writing (an actual letter sent by mail). Please use only the following address:
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH
83301 Traunreut, Germany
We need your name and address, as well as your customer number if you have one, and the context of the processing of your personal data. If this information is missing, we can neither authenticate you nor guarantee your claim to your rights according to the GDPR.
(3) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory data protection authority regarding our processing of your personal data. The supervisory data protection authority responsible for us is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Oversight)
91522 Ansbach, Germany
(4) For certain offerings, such as our newsletters, the Klartext Portal, and the "Private" area, you also have the possibility of viewing your data yourself, and of modifying or deleting it, or of having it modified or deleted.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website simply for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register yourself or send us any information, we collect only the personal data which your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following technical data which we need to enable us to show you our website and ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6, Paragraph 1,Sentence 1, Letter f of the GDPR):
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the agency which places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot initiate programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the Internet service more user-friendly and more effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These specifically include the session cookies. They store what is known as a session ID, which allows different queries from your browser to be assigned to the joint session, enabling your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. For example, this prevents you from needing to re‑register every time you call a new page. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified time, which can vary depending on the cookie. How long a cookie remains on your device depends on the duration or expiration date of the respective cookie as well as your browser’s settings. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
With these cookies the website can remember your information and settings the next time you visit it. This makes it faster and easier for you to access the website, since, for example, you don’t need to d) You can configure your browser settings asyou wish and, for instance, refuse to accept third-party cookies or even anycookies at all. We must point out that in this case you might not be able touse all the functions of this website.set the desired language again.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for instance, refuse to accept third-party cookies or even any cookies at all. We must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Additional functions and offerings of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) We sometimes use external service providers to process your personal data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if participation in actions, competitions, contracts, or similar services are offered by us together with our partners. More information is provided when you enter your personal data as well as further below in the description of the offer.
(4) Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection to processing of your data, or withdrawal of consent thereto
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you inform us of this withdrawal.
(2) So long as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you can state an objection against the processing. This is the case when the processing is not explicitly necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you, as is detailed in the following respective descriptions of the functions. When stating such an objection we kindly ask you to tell us the reason why we should no longer process your personal data. In case of a reasonable objection we will examine the situation and either stop or adapt the data processing, or we will inform you of our compelling and legitimate grounds for further data processing.
(3) Of course you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes and data analysis at any time. Contact us at the following address to inform us of your objection:
DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH
83301 Traunreut, Germany
Please include your name and address, as well as your customer number if you have one, when contacting us about your objection.
§ 6 Userlike Chat-Tool
(1) We use the Userlike messaging software that makes it possible for you to communicate with us through a chat.
(2) When you contact us, the information you give us is used to process your inquiry and also in case follow-up questions arise. The chat tool is an additional service from us to enable you to contact us quickly and easily; the basis for this isArticle 6, Paragraph 1, Letter b of the GDPR.
(3) Userlike stores certain cookies on your device. However, your data is secure and will not be used to identify you personally. For more information on how Userlike processes and uses your data, go to https://www.userlike.com/en/data-privacy.
§ 7 Embedding of YouTube videos
(1) For marketing purposes we have embedded YouTube videos in our website; the videos are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. The videos are embedded in "Privacy Enhanced Mode," meaning that YouTube does not set any cookies that track viewing behavior, for example in order to personalize the viewing experience. Instead, video recommendations are based on the current video. Videos playing in Privacy Enhanced Mode won’t influence the viewer's browsing experience on YouTube. The legal basis for this is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in improving the quality of our Internet presence.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the relevant sub-page of our website. Certain user data is then transmitted to YouTube. Data is transmitted to YouTube regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether you have no user account. If you are logged in to Google your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish it tobe assigned to your profile on YouTube, you must log out before pressing the button. YouTube persistently stores cookies through your Internet browser on your device for functionality purposes as well as for analysis of user behavior. If you do not consent to this data processing, you can prevent the storage of cookies through a setting in your Internet browser. YouTube also stores your data as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research, and/or the design of its website in accordance with its requirements. This kind of use (even for users who are not logged in) is specifically for the purpose of providing appropriate advertising and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right. YouTube might process your personal data on servers that are located in the USA.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube, as well as about your rights and settings to protect your privacy can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en, https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=EN&template=terms&hl=en, and https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en.
§ 8 Shore scheduling tool
(1) We have embedded Shore in our website. With Shore you can use booking widgets to schedule appointments with us online.
(2) If you book appointments through this tool, then we will use the information and contact data that you provide (usually name, e-mail address, and telephone number) to plan and carry out the appointment. The legal basis for this is the fulfillment of a contract during the initiation phase in accordance with Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter b of the GDPR.
(3) For more information on how Shore processes and uses your data, go to https://www.shore.com/en/gdpr/.
§ 9 Other possibilities for interaction
(1) As an interested party, you have the following options for contacting us: contact form, registration for the press mailing list, scheduling an appointment, requesting a return call, chat.
(2) When you contact us, the information you give us is used to process your inquiry and also in case follow-up questions arise. The legal basis for this is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter b of the GDPR.
§ 10 Use of Google Analytics
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser to Google Analytics will not be combined with other data collected by Google.
(3) You can set your browser software to prevent it from storing cookies; we must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie that is related to your visit to the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading the browser plug-in available from the link below and then installing it: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that truncated forms of IP addresses are used for further processing, making it impossible to relate them to any individual. Should the data collected during your use of the website contain any personalized information, then the personal data is immediately deleted and no connection between you and the data is possible.
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and to improve it on a regular basis. Based on the statistics gathered, we can improve our offerings and make them more interesting to you as the user. For exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter a of the GDPR.
(6) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Conditions: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html; Overview of DataProtection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en; Declaration of Data Protection: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
§ 11 Google Tag Manager
(1) We use Tag Manager from Google for the centralized configuration and administration of data acquisition.
(2) We use this tool to organize the scripts that run on our site and monitor when they are executed. The data are passed on, but neither acquired nor stored.
(3) Our legitimate interest is our economic business and the user friendliness of our website, and is based on Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letter f of the GDPR. Google offers more information about data protection with Tag Manager at https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/9323295?hl=en&ref_topic=3441532, https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?hl=en, and https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/7207086?hl=en.
§ 12 Cookiebot
(1) We have embedded the cookie consent tool "Cookiebot" for you to make your own decisions about the cookies that are used. Cookiebot is a product of Cybot A/S, Havnegade 39, 1058 Copenhagen, Denmark; it shows you a list of cookies grouped according to their functions, and it explains the purposes of these groups as well as of the individual cookies and their storage time.
(2) With Cookiebot we inform our users about the cookies used on the website, thus making it possible for the users to decide which cookies should be used. If a user gives his consent for cookies to be used, then the following data is logged: anonymized IP address of the user; date and time of consent; user agent of the end user's browser; URL of the provider; and an anonymous, random, and encrypted key for the permitted cookies of the user (cookie status) that serves as proof of consent. The encrypted key and the cookie status are stored on the user's device, based on a cookie, in order to restore the corresponding cookie status when the pages are opened in the future. The user can prevent or rescind the installation of the cookie as well as its storage, and therefore the consent for the cookie, at any time in the browser settings. This cookie is deleted automatically after twelve (12) months.
(3) The legal basis for this is Article 6, Paragraph 1, Letters f and c of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the user friendliness of our website and the fulfillment of the legal requirements of the GDPR. Cybot offers more information about data protection at https://www.cookiebot.com/en/privacy-policy/.
§ 13 Google Analytics Remarketing
This website uses the features of GoogleAnalytics Remarketing combined with the cross-device capabilities of Google AdWords and Google DoubleClick. This service is provided by Google IrelandLimited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
This feature makes it possible to link target audiences for promotional marketing created with Google Analytics Remarketing to the cross-device capabilities of Google AdWords and GoogleDoubleClick. This allows advertising to be displayed based on your personal interests, identified based on your previous usage and surfing behavior on one device (e.g. your mobile phone), on other devices (such as a tablet or computer). To support this feature, Google Analytics collectsGoogle-authenticated IDs of users that are temporarily linked to our GoogleAnalytics data to define and create audiences for cross-device ad promotion.
The legal basis for this data processing is, according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter a of theGDPR, your consent that you granted though the cookie banner. You may revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by opening and changing your cookie settings. You can set your browser software to prevent it from storing cookies; we must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website.Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie that is related to your visit to the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by either withholding your consent by not allowing this cookie, or you can permanently opt out of cross-device remarketing/targeting by turning off personalized advertising in your Google Account; to do so, follow this link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
§ 14 Google AdWords and Google Conversion-Tracking
This website uses Google AdWords. AdWords is an online advertising program from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House,Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
As part of Google AdWords, we use so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is set.Cookies are small text files that your Internet browser stores on your computer. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification of the user. Should the user visit certain pages of the website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the website can tell that the user clicked on the ad and proceeded to that page. Each Google AdWords advertiser has a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked using the website of an AdWords advertiser. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for the AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, advertisers do not obtain any information that can be used to personally identify users.
The legal basis for this data processing is, according to Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1, Letter a of the GDPR, your consent that you granted though the cookie banner. You may revoke your consent at any time witheffect for the future by opening and changing your cookie settings. You can set your browser software to prevent it from storing cookies; we must point out that in this case you might not be able to use all the functions of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie that is related to your visit to the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by either withholding your consent by not allowing this cookie, or you canpermanently opt out of cross-device remarketing/targeting by turning off personalized advertising in your Google Account; to do so, follow this link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.